Hillcrest Cemetery

In 1911, the Women’s Institute was instrumental in purchasing and establishing this cemetery, which was amalgamated with donated land from Mrs. Edwards in 1935.

As one of the oldest cemeteries, it has an interesting layout, meager records and some unknown graves. The specific gravesite locations of many of the deceased buried here in the early 1940s to the early 1950s are unknown, although they rest somewhere in the Women’s Institute or Hillcrest Cemeteries.