Medical Bus Service
- For Medical Bus reservations
- Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services
- T 250.265.3674 ext. 200
This service is available to all Nakusp area residents requiring medical, dental, chiropractic and related medical services in Vernon and/or Kelowna. Individuals without medical appointments may travel, based on seat availability.
- Service is every Wednesday to the Okanagan (Vernon/Kelowna)
- Departs Arrow & Slocan Lakes Community Services 7:00 am Arrives Vernon 10:30 am
- Departs Vernon mid-afternoon. Arrives Nakusp 6:00 pm (approx)
- Reservations must be made by 12:00 p.m. Noon Tuesday
Other Bus Services
- For Other weekly bus services
- BC Transit (NextGen Transit)
- 8170 Old Waneta Rd. Trail BC
- TF 1-855-993-3100
- T 250-364-3262
NextGen Transit coordinates a weekly bus service to the Nakusp Hot Springs, and an out-of-town bus service – both services are open to the public. The bus is equipped with a wheelchair lift. Please call NextGen Transit to inquire about the cost and to confirm the day and time, or to make a reservation (seating is limited).
Weekly bus services
- to/from Nakusp Hot Springs on Mondays
- to/from Nelson on Tuesdays & Thursdays
- to/from Silverton on Wednesdays (morning & afternoon)
- to/from Edgewood on Fridays (morning & afternoon)
- Schedule may be subject to change – contact NextGen Transit for up-to-date information.
NextGen Transit also provides dispatching services for many bus routes in the Central Kootenay and Creston Valley Transit. These areas include Nakusp, Edgewood, New Denver, Silverton, Slocan, Castlegar, Nelson, Salmo, Creston, Kaslo, and Argenta.