Should you require the emergency services of the fire department (or any emergency service), please dial 911.
Southeast Fire Centre – Active Fire Bans
As of Thursday, May 18, 2023, category 2 and 3 open fire bans are in effect. For more information, please see the Province of British Columbia website. Specifically, this prohibition refers to the following activities:
Category 2 open fire which means an open fire, other than a category 1 campfire, that:
- burns material in one pile not exceeding 2m in height and 3m in width;
- burns material concurrently in 2 piles, each not exceeding 2m in height and 3m in width; or
- burns stubble or grass over an area that does not exceed 0.2 ha.
Category 3 open fire, which means an open fire that burns:
- material concurrently in 3 or more piles, each not exceeding 2m in height or 3m in width;
- material in one or more piles, each exceeding 2m in height or 3m in width;
- one or more windrows, each not exceeding 200m in length or 15m in width;
- stubble or grass over an area exceeding 0.2 ha.
Also prohibited are the activities listed below (Wildfire Act, Section 12):
- Sky lanterns;
- Binary exploding targets
- Burn barrels or burn cages of any size of the description
- Air curtain burners
This prohibition does not apply to Category 1 – Campfires that are a half-meter high by a half-meter wide or smaller or to cooking stoves that use gas, propane, or briquettes.
- Emergency: call 911
- Non-emergency: 250.265.3563
- 300 – 8th Avenue NW