We are pleased to announce that we have chosen Voyent Alert! Notification Service to keep you informed during emergencies as well as periodic Village information. Registering is easy, FREE and anonymous.
What is the Emergency Notification System
The Village of Nakusp’s emergency notification system is a mass-notification system that allows the Village to send out critical information to residents and visitors in the event of an emergency.
When it is used?
The system is used in case of emergency or disaster that requires you to take action, as well as, periodic information related to Village services and functions. Such as, garbage and recycling schedule changes, road closures, facility shutdowns and other similar events.
How does it work:
The notification system uses advanced geospatial technology to send personalized alerts based on your selected locations. When you register, you will be given the option of receiving notifications via the mobile app, mobile phone (text and/or call), email or landline.
The notifications that you receive will include information relevant to the emergency, a map showing the affected area and directions such as shelter in place or Evacuation Orders/Alerts.
Managing Your Account:
- Select the menu icon at the top left of your screen and click on My Locations.
- To change or update a locator Pin position, click and drag the pin to the desired location on the map
- To add a new location Pin, click “Add Location Button” on the top right of the page or click, hold, and release anywhere on the map you wish to add a new pin. Enter and save the pin label on the pop up menu.
- To remove a location, click on the pin and press the garbage can icon on the pop up menu.
- Login first to unsubscribe.
- Select the menu icon at the top left of your screen
- click on “My Profile”
- Select the “Unsubscribe” button at the bottom of the pop up menu.
Important Phone Numbers:
These numbers can be added to your phone directory to ensure that you don’t miss an Alert.
- Landline notifications: 403-282-0818
- Text message (SMS) notifications: 25378
For more information and support on Voyent Alert, such as FAQ’s and video tutorials, visit https://voyent-alert.com/community/.