Our mission is to deliver necessary municipal services, continue to maintain responsible governance, and provide transparency through communication for the citizens of Nakusp, while managing public assets, striving to maintain current partnerships while developing new ones and continuing to improve the economic, social and environmental well-being of our community.
- To continue to enhance our infrastructure to facilitate sustainable growth;
- To celebrate our history while embracing new opportunities;
- To be a regional service centre by supporting social, commercial, health and protective services;
- To continue promote and develop parks and recreation opportunities which serve both residents and visitors;
- To be a vibrant community that welcomes new residents, businesses, and opportunities for economic diversification as well as supporting our resource and tourism sectors;
- To transition to Net-Zero emissions in our infrastructure and operations; and
- To support Nakusp and Area Community Forest (NACFOR).
The Policy of the Council shall be:
- To promote partnerships, collaboration, and inclusiveness within the Village;
- To develop relationships and partnerships with other municipalities and Frist Nations
- To be accountable and transparent to the public in all village operations;
- To treat all residents, organizations, visitors, village staff and council as valued, supported, and respected members of the community;
- To provide the best facilities and services possible, in a fiscally responsible manner; and
- To promote the Village of Nakusp as a desirable place to live, work, and play.